The M85UL can withstand hazardous and inhospitable environments at sea and on land. Commercial customers like the full set of the features you need including an automated emergency alarm, 100 programmable LM channels, and the waterproof rating.
Land Mobile: 2/1W
||2010mAh Li-ion battery, up to 14 hours
Typical operation; Tx:Rx:Stand-by duty ratio = 5:5:90
Built to withstand the elements, the submersible M85UL intrinsically safe VHF handheld is perfect for commercial customers working in harsh environments. The M85UL, plus the BP292UL and HM184UL, meets the latest ANSI/TIA-4950-B, ANSI/UL 121201, and UL913 – Edition 8 requirements for:
- Intrinsically safe: Class I, Division 1, Groups C, D;
- Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, G;
- Class III. T3C.
- Non-incendive: Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D
The M85UL user-friendly display includes icons and indicators like transmit power, VOX ON/OFF, battery status, scan, weather channel and more. These icons and indictors improve the user-experience and operation. The M85UL also includes a continuous 20-position rotary selector and ON/OFF volume knob, which is tilted for easy access.
For emergency situations the M85UL includes the MOB Alarm, Man Down and lone worker functions. If one of these functions is activated, the radio automatically makes an emergency alarm.
Land Mobile Use
In addition to VHF marine channels, the M85UL covers 136–174MHz land mobile frequencies. Up to 100 programmable channels are available for land mobile use at 2W output power. Each channel is programmable with CTCSS and DTCS tone. Proper licensing is required to operate within the above land mobile frequencies.
- AquaQuake™ prevents water-logged speaker
- Internal VOX capability for hands-free operation
- Weather channel receiving
- Self check function checks internal temperature and connected battery voltage
- Priority scan function
- Dual/tri-watch function for monitoring CH16 and/or call channel
- Favorite channel function for quick access to often used channels